The Founder's Bundle is a great way to get our three original, best selling products for a great price! This Bundle includes a 3oz Original Sunscreen, 4oz Simple Sunscreen, and Good Sun Sport Stick.
Butterbean Original Sunscreen SPF 30 has the highest percentage of Certified Organic and Fair Trade coconut oil and shea butter. The fragrance is derived entirely from these virgin oils and butters. The local beeswax adds a touch of sweetness that our customers rave about.
Butterbean Simple Sunscreen SPF 30 is the workhorse of our sunscreens. Our non-aerosol treatment pump makes sunscreen easy to apply, it works in any situation, and gets the job done! In addition to Coconut Oil, Simple Sunscreen uses Certified Organic Olive, Sunflower, and Jojoba Oils to shield the skin from the harmful rays of the sun. Our sunscreens will nourish and protect even the most sensitive skin with silky smooth organic goodness.
Good Sun Sport Stick SPF 30 provides safe, effective, and convenient sun protection coupled with recyclable, sustainable, and biodegradable packaging! Good for people and the planet. This little sport stick is a mover and a shaker. Toss in a beach bag or backpack for any fun in the sun adventure. For use on nose, face, ears, or wherever you please!
- Certified Organic Ingredients
- Water and sweat resistant (to 80 minutes)
- Broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- Non-nano particle, uncoated pure zinc oxide
- Cruelty-free, reef safe, biodegradable
- Top rated by the Environmental Working Group
- Convenient, effective protection
- Air-travel friendly
Active Sunscreen Ingredient: Non-nano uncoated zinc oxide 22%
* Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, *Cera Alba (Beeswax), *Butyrospermum Parkii (Fair Trade Shea) Butter, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Sunflower Vitamin E), Polyhydroxystearic Acid
Our Vitamin E is made from sunflowers. It is non-GMO and gluten free.
Read more about Polyhydroxystearic Acid here. Why do we use it? Zinc Oxide particles have a tendency to clump on a microscopic level. This can cause holes in the protection that a sunscreen promises. Polyhydroxystearic Acid is used to stabilize our sunscreen and create smooth even coverage which ultimately protects your skin better than ever! Best of all, it is plant derived and it is non-toxic!
Directions for use
Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure
- After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
- Immediately after towel drying
- At least every 2 hours
Sun Protection Measures
Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10am - 2pm
- Wear long-sleeve shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
Children under 6 months: Ask a doctor
-- FEATURED IN --
I know butterbean organics from Europe (very popular in Czech Republic) and even there, it was my favorite sun care. Now in US it is my first and only sunscreen. It's all natural, great texture and packaging. And super suitable for my very sensitive skin. Really recommend to everybody.
I love this Butterbean sunscreen for myself, and my mother loves it too! I found it on the EWG list of top safest sunscreens. I can’t believe how clean and safe the ingredients are. Thank you for making a sunscreen with great and safe ingredients!
I bought the sunscreen in the tin and in the spray bottle for when my child went to camp. It didn't have all the chemicals and "stuff" in it, so I felt comfortable having it re- applied several times throughout the day. It also didn't leave any white streaks.
This is a great product. It rubs in great and it feels good using a product that is safe! Definitely recommend!
I've made my own sunscreen before and the consistency was never quite right; very thick and I looked like a ghost. What I love about Butterbean is it is still organic and uses clean ingredients that aren't toxic to my body and it's ease of application.
I love the texture and the smell. This is one of my favourite summer pieces to take with me for my holiday.
Customer Social Media Reviews
Why Choose Butterbean Organics Skincare
Butterbean Organics Sunscreen:
Frequently Asked Questions
The hazardous chemicals found in many sunscreen products, including other “natural” skincare product lines, are known to cause allergies, tissue damage, asthma, and may even cause cancer. This defeats the purpose of sunscreen, which is intended to offer protection from melanoma, skin cancer that is caused by the sun. Our nutrient-packed organic sunscreen is not only the best natural organic sunscreen for your body, the ingredients are clean and safe for even the most sensitive skin on your face.
This dedication to using only natural ingredients for skin protection from the sun is what makes Butterbean Organics the best organic sunscreen on the market. Apply to your entire body, from head to toe, to avoid sunburn. Rest easy in the fact that your skin is safe from chemicals, and as an added bonus, know that your choice is also making a difference for the planet! What is good for your body or your baby’s body is good for the environment, and sunscreen is no different.
All too often a fun-filled day at the beach or at the local swimming pool turns sour after you get home and discover areas of red and painful burnt skin where you forgot to put on sunscreen or it didn’t get fully absorbed into your skin. Here we explore some helpful tips for getting the most out of your sunscreen and what you can do to avoid the painful effects of extensive sun exposure.
- At a minimum, apply sunscreen 15 minutes before exposing yourself to the sun. This gives the sunscreen lotion time to absorb into your skin and creates an effective barrier against the strong ultraviolet rays. Giving your body plenty of time to properly absorb the sunscreen lotion also helps it stay on when you go into the water, instead of washing off completely because it has successfully permeated through the top layer of your skin.
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours or less. Most sunscreen lotions, regardless of the SPF, are most effective within this time frame. If you wait any longer, especially when there is water involved, you run the risk of getting a burn.
- If you are swimming or around water, make sure your skin is completely dry before you reapply sunscreen lotion. The presence of water on the surface of the skin will limit the amount of sunscreen lotion that is able to permeate your skin and get fully absorbed.
Environmental considerations are a commonly overlooked factor when it comes to choosing the best natural sunscreen for you and your family. At Butterbean Organics Skincare, we are dedicated to providing chemical-free and effective products in a way that provides benefit to the babies, children, and adults that use them, and the environment that they are used in. Inevitably, some sunscreen washes off of your skin when you go in the water. These hazardous chemicals in the sunscreen lotion pollute the ocean and negatively impact the environment of ocean life. It is estimated that approximately 14,000 tons of sunscreen infiltrates the ocean each year. An astounding number when you consider this is annual!
By choosing natural organic sunscreen products that are healthy for your skin and for the planet, you can make a difference to protect coral reefs from climate change. The minerals and botanical ingredients found in our products are of the highest quality. We take skincare beyond the product, reconnecting customers with nature through Organic ingredients that can not be replicated in a lab. This is what makes us the best organic sunscreen available. What are you waiting for? The proof is in the products!